AH20149 – Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
The Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering (QCF) from VTCT is a job-ready qualification based on National Occupational Standards which will provide you with the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a barber. Throughout this qualification you will ensure responsibility to reduce risks to health and safety, advise and consult with clients, shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp, cut hair using basic barbering techniques, cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques and dry and finish men’s hair.
Course Name: Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering (QCF)
VTCT Course Code: AH20149
Qualification Number: 500/7356/4
Minimum Credits: 37
Course Duration: see below
Requirements/Eligibility: Age 16+
Progression: This is an approved qualification for working as a Barber, it also provides a sound platform for further learning or training including the following VTCT qualifications:
• Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing
• Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Barbering
Mandatory units: you will need to complete all of the following 8 units
• Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to health and safety
• Advise and consult with clients
• Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
• Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
• Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
• Dry and finish men’s hair
Optional units (group 1): you will also need to complete 1 or more of the following units, achieving at least 3 credits
• Fulfil salon reception duties (3 credits)
• Develop and maintain effectiveness at work (3 credits)
• Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
• Promote additional services or products to customers
Optional units (group 2): you will also need to complete 1 or more of the following units, achieving at least 4 credits
• Create basic patterns in hair (4 credits)
• Change men’s colour (11 credits)
• Perm and neutralise hair (8 credits)
(we can assist you in choosing the most appropriate optional units)
The fee for course AH20149 Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Barbering is £3495 – our prices are fully inclusive, there’s no VAT or additional fees.
You can pay by the following:
• Spread this cost over a deposit + up to 12 monthly instalments with a credit agreement
• Pay in full and get a £250 discount (reducing price to £3245)
Our fees include:
• VTCT lifetime registration fees
• VTCT certification fees
• access to free refreshments whilst training
• 1 year’s Hair Council membership upon successful completion
Paying for your course
Course fees can be paid in full, or you can start your course with a £295 deposit and spread the cost over up to 12 instalments with no fees/interest (more information). Fees can be paid in cash, by card, BACS, Standing Order etc.
It is our mission to ensure that when Learners complete their course they have have not only competently acquired the required standards, they are what we call ‘Salon Ready’ – confident and experienced to work in a working salon or barbers. Everybody learns at a different pace, which we accommodate. Because of this, we don’t have a specific durations for our courses – the time you will take depends on the pace at which you learn, and how frequently you attend. As a guide, many people could complete this barbering course in approximately 60 full-day lessons – remember, you can attend up to 5 days a week (Tuesday to Saturday). This flexibility allows you to achieve your qualification at your pace and in your timescale, like a fast track course but with no additional fees. Our course fees allow Learners to attend and train as they like for 12 months until they qualify. More information, see our page How We Work.
If you would like to know more about this barbering course or our training, please do not hesitate to get in touch. We offer Taster Days to allow prospective Learners to get a 1-day sample of the training offered without commitment.